DEMAT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a supportive and inclusive working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
We do not discriminate against staff on the basis of age, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion, faith or belief (Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics). The principles of non-discrimination and equality of opportunity also apply to the way in which staff and Governors treat visitors, volunteers, contractors and former staff members.
The Pathfinder Church of England Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the schools’ communities. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To ensure all pupils in the school receive learning experiences which will enable them to achieve their potential and enrich their lives;
- To welcome and treat every member of the school as an individual;
- To encourage pupils to become responsible and independent while preparing them for their role in a wider social context;
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality and diversity within the school and promote within the wider community;
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the school.